On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 17:48:51 +0900, Michael Brailsford wrote:

>> > I am having troubles with swig's conversion of STL to ruby.
>> > Mainly ruby sees the STL containers as being empty.  Is this
>> > a know issue with swig?
>> > I am running swig version 1.3.16, and ruby 1.8.0.  Does anyone
>> > know of a place that I can check known issues with swig and ruby?
>
> Just to update.  I am using swig 1.3.16, and the behavior I have noticed
> is that whenever I call a .each on any vector that has been wrapped by
> swig, ruby segfaults.

Michael,
	I suppose I'm the guilty party---I wrote the std::vector
typemaps included with SWIG. They work for me, namely, I'm not able
to reproduce the .each segfault you describe with the latest version.
It would be of great help if you could put together a self-contained
example showing the problem and send it to me (private e-mail is fine.)

> I am using ruby 1.8, and swig 1.3.16.

Hmm, I'm using 1.6.8 and 1.3.19, respectively. I might try 1.8 if your
example works on 1.6.8, though.

Later,
	Luigi