> the incentives for maximum world-wide use, and to draw maximum resources
> into developing "Ruby/CPAN". But (IMHO) the Ruby community would

I want to be in on developing a Ruby CPAN (making RAA better).  I have
lots of ideas.  Of course the system must be written in ruby.  Here's
one idea for starters:  each module should get it's own mailing list
which is archived on the web (using blade technology, or next generation
blade... whatever those green dwarves are working on. :-). ).  Of course
the ruby IDE should have some nice hooks into said discussion trees and
the owner of the module should have root access to the discussions
if s*he likes.

Is there already an effort for making a better RAA?  If not, should
we start?  If so, how can I help?  I can do the hosting if neccessary.

-joe