Hi,

in mail of [ruby-talk:00738] Re: RD with multi charset

              :
> Hmm, I don't like this idea much.
>
> I think the most valuable point about RD (or any embeded document) is
> you can get script/documentation in one file.  You can read document,
> along with code itself.  If you encode the document, say in Japanese,
> you can't read it by mere browsing without decoding.

> If you can consider that the code and the document are two separated
> things, which are bound by RD just for convenience, it's OK to choose
> this scheme.  But I, at least, still consider them as ONE thing.

I think the code and the document as one thing, too.
My proposal is, for example:

  code+en+ja(b64) --(decoder)--> code+en or code+ja in ONE file

but not

  code+en+ja(b64) --(decoder)--> code, en, ja in 3 files

As you say, RD's variable point is that the code and the document is
in the same file. Then, WHY we cannnot use Japanese (or German...)
in embeded document?
Minero Aoki