Hello,

I am very new to ruby, so please dont hit me for my (off-topic) question. ;)

I am about to write a program, which performs various database actions
(mysql). During these actions, I want to display the current status.

Now my Q: Is it possible with ruby to diplay the percentage of the
current status always on the same position on the screen instead of
seperated by newlines or something like that?

This program will be executed on Linux systems as a commandlinetool.

So what I want is just a "refresh" of the status display, not something
like:

1%
3%
10%