"Simon Strandgaard" <0bz63fz3m1qt3001 / sneakemail.com> wrote in message
> > some trial and error, I was able to compile stand alone C programs, once
>                                               ^^^^^^^^^^^
> If I understand you correct, you are talking about 'embedding' ruby into
> C. In order to understand eachother we must use same terminologi.

Agreed 100 %.

> #1 'extensions' is when you compile some C code and use it within Ruby.

That is what I meant when I mentioned C-DLLs.

> #2 'embedding' is when you interpret some Ruby code within you C code.

And that is what I meant when I mentioned stand alone C programs.

> From your earlier postings I would say that you are doing #2  :-)
> Am I right ?

So I am trying to do both :-)
But yes, in my earlier postings you helped me do  the embedding part.
Thanks a lot again.

> > Ruby was compiled at the command prompt. But I could not generate C
DLLs.
> I know nothing about windows.. sorry I cannot help.

Appreciate your time and attention, nevertheless.

> Simon Strandgaard

-- shanko