"Shashank Date" <sdate / everestkc.net> writes:

> Has anybody successfully compiled or extended Ruby on the Windows platform
> using Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 IDE ?
I have, and was too succesfull with lcc-win32.

> I am having difficulty doing both and wanted some guidance especially in
> setting up the Project correctly.
I strongly suggest you check out how extconf.rb should be written. See
Programmng Ruby chapter 17. Let Ruby take the task of writing the
Makefile.

> I have successfully compiled and extended using the extconf.rb method so
> this is not very urgent ... but still it would be nice to get there.
Ah sorry you used that, so what is your problem with it? Check out the
generated Makefile and you'll see what you should include.
> After
> some trial and error, I was able to compile stand alone C programs, once
> Ruby was compiled at the command prompt. But I could not generate C DLLs.
> I'm pretty sure I am missing some critical step ... any help will be highly
> appreciated.
Hm, have you tried to build and use a simple DLL? IIRC there are some
Wizards there for that help.

Regards
Friedrich