Has anybody successfully compiled or extended Ruby on the Windows platform
using Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 IDE ?

I am having difficulty doing both and wanted some guidance especially in
setting up the Project correctly.

I have successfully compiled and extended using the extconf.rb method so
this is not very urgent ... but still it would be nice to get there. After
some trial and error, I was able to compile stand alone C programs, once
Ruby was compiled at the command prompt. But I could not generate C DLLs.
I'm pretty sure I am missing some critical step ... any help will be highly
appreciated.

TIA,
-- shanko