il Thu, 26 Jun 2003 03:34:10 +0900, Mauricio Fern?ndez
<batsman.geo / yahoo.com> ha scritto::

>OK, I'm going quite fast so I need now to decide how Java classes and
>objects are gonna work in Ruby. I'd appreciate some comments on what
>kind of mapping you'd like.

here we are

> reflector = Reflect.new vm   # create the "reflector", only need one
> theklass = reflector["Simple"]
> object = theklass.new           # mimic Ruby's object creation

reflector sounds wierd to me.. somthing better? :)

>Now, the things I need feedback on:
> * static methods: should they magically pop up in theklass, so that they
>   work as in Class objects in Ruby?

it would be cool if Reflect.new worked like Class.new, so that static
java methods would automagically become class methods. anyway, a
solution that just mimic this would be good enough.

> * should I provide #instance_methods and such?
>   at the moment I've made #java_instance_methods that returns an Array
>   with RJNI::Object objects that represent the methods.
are you talking about ruby reflection's apis? anyway, I supose yes

> * should instance methods be directly invocable such as in the example
>   above, or by doing object.send_java("doStuff", *args) or such?
>   It is not as pretty, but OTOH this way there's no name collisions.

what kind of name collision could happen ?

anyway I have no idea about the possibility to do this stuff, so
forget my desires if you wish :)