On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:15:12 +0900
Jim Freeze <jim / freeze.org> wrote:

> If the expanded list is displayed by default or by a flag to ri
> doesn't matter to me, but I would like to see the two separated.
> So, I would get something like:

>  [], arity, binding, call, new, to_proc, yield

>  == === =~ __id__ __send__ class clone display
>  dup eql?  equal?  extend freeze frozen?  hash id inspect instance_eval
>  instance_of?  instance_variable_get instance_variable_set
>  instance_variables is_a?  kind_of?  method methods nil?  object_id
>  private_methods protected_methods public_methods respond_to?  send
>  singleton_methods taint tainted?  to_a to_s type untaint

Nice. How about a separator for every class/module? So 'ri File
--name-of-flag-that-turns-on-superclass-following' would look like this:

<general description for File goes here, like it normally would>
     class: File  < IO
     atime, atime, basename, chmod, chmod, chown, chown, ctime, ctime,
     delete, dirname, expand_path, extname, flock, fnmatch, fnmatch?,
     ftype, join, lchmod, lchmod, lchown, lchown, link, lstat, lstat,
     mtime, mtime, new, open, path, readlink, rename, size, split, stat,
     symlink, truncate, truncate, umask, unlink, utime
     class: IO
     <<, binmode, clone, close, close_read, close_write, closed?, each,
     each_byte, each_line, eof, eof?, fcntl, fileno, flush, for_fd,
     foreach, fsync, getc, gets, ioctl, isatty, lineno, lineno=, new,
     pid, pipe, popen, pos, pos=, print, printf, putc, puts, read, read,
     readchar, readline, readlines, readlines, reopen, rewind, seek,
     select, stat, sync, sync=, sysopen, sysread, sysseek, syswrite,
     tell, to_i, to_io, tty?, ungetc, write
     module: Enumerable
     all?, any?, collect, detect, each_with_index, entries, find,
     find_all, grep, include?, inject, map, max, member?, min,
     partition, reject, select, sort, sort_by, to_a, zip

.....or something like that. Should we show Object? I think not, as this would
clutter things up even more.

Jason Creighton