On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:45:12 +0000, Martin DeMello wrote:

> Simon Strandgaard <0bz63fz3m1qt3001 / sneakemail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 14:22:56 +0000, Martin DeMello wrote:
>
>>> And don't forget they can simply reopen A and add a method of their own,
>>> then call it from B.
>>
>> I consider 'reopen'ing as a kind of subclassing. if subclass then its
>> readonly mode :-)
>
> I seriously doubt you can write a Ruby program capable of distinguishing
> between
[snip}
> In fact, if there weren't so many ingenious people on the list, I'd go
> ahead and flatly say it was impossible :)

Well, reopening is a grey area... not strictly important to me.

What is *most* interesting for me, is if you such protection works with
inheritance. But I doubt its possible, when reading this thread.

Again if there is any experts, who know something we others dont, then say
something :-)

--
Simon Strandgaard