Gennady [mailto:gfb / tonesoft.com] wrote:

> I recently upgraded my testunit package from 0.1.6 to 0.1.8. Besides
> renaming set_up to setup and tear_down to teardown (I new that I
> would have to do it) I found another problem, or nuisance, rather:
>
> When outputting a single '.' to stdout on a test completion (before
> it was to stderr, I guess), stdout is not flushed. So you actually
> see results only after all tests are done. If a test takes some time
> to finish, you do not see any output for a while, and then a burst
> of dots are dumped on you.
>
> I fixed it on my system in "test/unit/ui/console/testrunner.rb" by
> adding @io.flush after @io.write in "output_single" method, however
> it would be nice to have it fixed it the RAA distribution of testunit.

Agreed, and I've added it to the TODO list.

BTW, just to let everyone know, I haven't dropped off the face of the
earth. I have, however, been quite busy, and unfortunately I haven't
been able to code much Ruby lately.

But, thankfully, that's changed recently. I'm now working on a project
that's going to use Ruby exclusively (since I get to pick ;-), and
expect to be devoting more time to Ruby things in general. So I may
actually begin to cut down on that TODO list again.

Stay tuned...

Nathaniel

<:((><
+ - -