On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 22:57:53 +0900, nobu.nokad wrote:

>   #3   Init_stack(address)
>        tell GC the machine stack limit.

I never heard about this before, what does it do ?
Can you give me a more lengthy description of it :-)

> grep Init_stack *.h

It doesn't seems to something public available to the embedding/extension
Rubyist's. To me it looks like an internal routine.

> #if 0	/* no need */
>> 	/* tell GC that there is a new instance in town. */
>> 	rb_gc_register_address(&instance);
> #endif

Yes it not necessary for this small program, but for bigger pieces of code
where GC takes place.. then I think its necessary.

> Better solution is separating from "args[0] = ..." through
> ruby_finalize() to another function.

Me don't understand ?
I am very interested hearing about ruby_finalize.. so I can fill in some
better description, here:
http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?RubyApi/RubyFinalize

--
Simon Strandgaard