At 18:41 24.06.03 +0900, Tim Bates wrote:
>On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 05:54:42PM +0900, Holden Glova wrote:
> > Actually funny you ask because I can't seem to make the float class
> provide
> > rounding errors. I have been searching on the web but can't seem to
> make Ruby
> > give me rounding errors. I was under the impressions that floats where
> always
> > inaccurate, is this not the case in Ruby?

Interesting. I have also noted this and figured out that maybe Matz has
been clever enough to design the input/output routines of float numbers
such that the process is reversible (I mean from float to string and back).
However, I did not trust this and besides it is the issue of reversibility
from string to float and back (more than, say, 17 digits in the original
string).

Tore Haug-Warberg