On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, culley harrelson wrote
> Ruby was installed in /usr/bin rather than /usr/local/bin.  This
> installation was done using the cygwin setup.exe on June 8 so I am
> fairly current.  I have a sym link at /usr/local/bin/ruby because this
> is where it is on my other systems...

I did not know that cygwin has a ruby package by now. Nice.

What Error message do you get for

bash-2.05b$ cat >check.c
#include <ncurses.h>
int main;
bash-2.05b$ `ruby -r rbconfig -e 'print Config::CONFIG["CC"], " ",
Config::CONFIG["CFLAGS"]'` check.c

(produce a check.c file that includes #<ncurses.h>; and try to compile
that file with the C compiler and CFLAGS that ruby knows of.)

Maybe the precompiled ruby from cygwin has problems. You could try to
recompile ruby yourself.

  Tobias