On 24 Jun 2003, culley harrelson wrote:

> I am trying to install ncurses-ruby on cygwin, which all the docs
> indicate should work just fine.

Yes. Last time I tried, it did work.

>  when executing extconf.rb I get:
>
> checking for unistd.h... yes
> checking for /usr/include/ncurses.h... no
> checking for ncurses/curses.h... no
> checking for /usr/include/curses.h... no
> ./extconf.rb:35: ncurses header file not found (RuntimeError)
>
> Even though the header file exists in /usr/include

If it really exists in /usr/include, then it means your compiler does not
look there.

Maybe you are not using the ruby interpreter built by cygwin. You have to.
You cannot use cygwin to build ruby extensions for a ruby interpreter
built with another compiler.

Or you have multiple installations of cygwin.

Try executing extconf.rb as

/usr/local/bin/ruby extconf.rb

from your bash prompt.

  Tobias