On Sunday, 22 June 2003 at 22:10:39 +0900, Dave Thomas wrote:
> Well, try it for yourself. Let's say you wanted the methods for a Proc
> object. Here's ri's output

>       [], arity, binding, call, new, to_proc, yield
>
> and here is what you're asking for:

> == === =~ [] __id__ __send__ arity binding call class clone display
> dup eql?  equal?  extend freeze frozen?  hash id inspect instance_eval
> instance_of?  instance_variable_get instance_variable_set
> instance_variables is_a?  kind_of?  method methods nil?  object_id
> private_methods protected_methods public_methods respond_to?  send
> singleton_methods taint tainted?  to_a to_proc to_s type untaint yield
>
> It just seemed to me when I was writing ri that the former was a clearer
> picture of the essence of 'Proc'. However, I'm very open to suggestions
> here.

If the expanded list is displayed by default or by a flag to ri
doesn't matter to me, but I would like to see the two separated.
So, I would get something like:

 [], arity, binding, call, new, to_proc, yield

 == === =~ __id__ __send__ class clone display
 dup eql?  equal?  extend freeze frozen?  hash id inspect instance_eval
 instance_of?  instance_variable_get instance_variable_set
 instance_variables is_a?  kind_of?  method methods nil?  object_id
 private_methods protected_methods public_methods respond_to?  send
 singleton_methods taint tainted?  to_a to_s type untaint

Jim Freeze
"They're unfriendly, which is fortunate, really.  They'd be difficult
to like."
		-- Avon