"Shashank Date" <sdate / everestkc.net> wrote in message
> I am still trying to figure out how to convert it into
> a fully working C program (like all the other code examples).

To be more specific, I am on WIN XP Pro, using VC++ 6.0
The following code does not work (it crashes and asks me if I
want to send the error report to Microsoft. Probably because I
do not know how "... to tell the Ruby's garbage collector that
there is a new instance in town" )

I have tested all the other programs and they all work fine so I don't
think there is a problem with setting up my VisualStudio 6.0 environment.

Any suggestions ?
TIA
-- shanko

//-------------------------------------------------------------------
#include <ruby.h>
int main(int Argc, char **Argv) {

 int argc;
 VALUE argv[2];
 VALUE class;
 VALUE instance;

 ruby_init();

 argv[0] = INT2FIX(42);
 argv[1] = rb_str_new2("hello world");
 argc = 2;

 /* ----- This does not work either:
class = rb_path2class("TestClass");
 instance = rb_class_new_instance(argc, argv, class);
*/

 class = rb_const_get(rb_cObject, rb_intern("TestClass"));
 instance = rb_funcall2(class, rb_intern("new"), argc, argv);

 ruby_finalize();
 return 0;

}