MICHAEL.W.WILSON / CUSTOMS.TREAS.GOV wrote:

> Just wondering if there was anything in the way of a "Who's using
> Ruby?" list for people to point PHB's at and say "Look!  So and So is
> using Ruby, and they love it!, we should too!".

Not yet, AFAIK. The closest (but not very close) approximation is probably
"Ruby Who's Who" (http://helium.ruby-lang.org/en/whos.html), which is
something more of a "Who's extending Ruby" at the moment.

> perl.com's success
> stories are always fun to read too.

Emulating this has previously been suggested.

As a wild guess, it may be a year or so following the (still very recent)
publication of the first English book on Ruby for there to be enough
substantial material for a serious collection of "Ruby Success Stories".
(The preface of Programming Ruby mentions some things that perhaps could be
elaborated on at length and posted in the mean time.) There is probably
already a significant amount of useful nuts and bolts utility work being
done in Ruby, but that isn't the sort of stuff that makes for great
marketing show and tell--at least not until *lots* of people are doing it,
as with Perl. But maybe the XP folks will provide some interesting Ruby
success story surprises for us in the not too distant future.

(By the way, as a common courtesy to other readers, please follow the
standard Usenet netiquette practice of quoting the material you are
responding to *before* referring to it.)

Conrad