itsme213 / hotmail.com (you CAN teach an old dog ...) wrote in message news:<a6e48b6b.0306170833.6305cd38 / posting.google.com>...
> What editor / ide would you recommend for serious Ruby work on
> Windows?
>
> Is there anything really promising in the works and likely to be
> usable in the next few months? I tried FreeRIDE but it's currently too
> unstable on Windows.
>
> tia

vim is about as serious as you could want (as an editor; as an IDE
it's simple but efficient).  It also has the considerable benefit that
it is exactly the same wherever you are, from windows XP workstation
to vt100 terminal -- a skill that lasts for life.

Of course, you *do* have to learn the 'vi way of thinking'.  But it's
well worth it.