I have long been longing for a good description of ruby C api.
Therefore I have created a RubyAPI place at rubygarden.

http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?RubyApi

I hope that every function in 'ruby.h' and 'intern.h' will become
documented (at least the most common functions). Eventualy with some
intuitive examples.

Please contribute if you know something which might be useful to others.

Tell me what you think: suggestions, comments, flames... etc :-)

BTW: im having serious trouble describing purpose with  rb_protect(),
if someone can do a better job than me, I would be even more happy :-)

--
Simon Strandgaard