On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:33:44 +0000, you CAN teach an old dog ... wrote:

> Is there anything really promising in the works and likely to be
> usable in the next few months? I tried FreeRIDE but it's currently too
> unstable on Windows.

Im working on an editor-widget (has a Ruby-backend).. Its in an early state
and I expect it take some *months* before its really usable.

A screenshot of the Ncurses-frontend:
http://metaeditor.sourceforge.net/graphics/editor_shot6_blur_sharpen.png

homepage:
http://metaeditor.sf.net/

Current unittest-status:
Time: 0.849822
FAILURES!!!
Test Results:
 Run: 191/191(581 asserts) Failures: 6 Errors: 0

Im working on a QT-frontend. But I have some serious segfaults because I
embed Ruby into C++... useless backtraces (garbage)!
I hope to get better control of Ruby-Embedded-into-C++.

A frontend for windows is planned, but this is way far out in the future.

--
Simon Strandgaard