--=-Hch+pltmOFovk4Qxu9hH

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 00:41, Jason Creighton wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 12:21:21 +0900
> Tom Clarke <tom / u2i.com> wrote:
>=20
> > All that needs to happen is for all packages to adhere to the de-facto
> > standards already widely adopted, such that packages are:
> > 	a) packaged as tar.gz
> > 	b) use either:
> > 	-	Minero Aoki's install.rb/setup.rb, or
> > 	-	automake/autoconf (./configure; make; make install)
>=20
> automake/autoconf would be hard to get working on a Windows systems.

So does anything requiring c-code. Including stuff using extconf.rb.

My thoughts are that for Windows we need a binary packaging system,
perhaps integrated with the Windows versions of ruby. Once all the
packages are compliant it should be straightforward to build all of the
RAA-Packages as a batch.

Personally, I've not built any C-packages on Windows (except cygwin but
that's a bit different). How is it done? Is it usually done through VC++
or some other way? Is it possible to build ./configure scripts to build
things that don't depend on the cygwin dll?

-Tom

--=-Hch+pltmOFovk4Qxu9hH

--=-Hch+pltmOFovk4Qxu9hH--