Quoteing androflux / softhome.net.remove.to.reply, on Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 01:41:01PM +0900:
> > All that needs to happen is for all packages to adhere to the de-facto
> > standards already widely adopted, such that packages are:
> > 	a) packaged as tar.gz
> > 	b) use either:
> > 	-	Minero Aoki's install.rb/setup.rb, or
> > 	-	automake/autoconf (./configure; make; make install)
> automake/autoconf would be hard to get working on a Windows systems.

Most people don't have cygwin installed, and lots don't have MSDev
either. So they don't get to install binary packages?

I think windows needs binary installs, and that means that RAA needs a
machine that will build binary versions of packages by non-windows users
for windows users.

But --->  check out cmake.org, cmake is yet another way to make
makefiles, but it can also output MSDEV project files. By doing so, it
would at least allow the packages to be built if the windows user had
MSDEV, and there could be binary of cmake on RAA if raa-install needed
to download it.

Sam