Has anyone successuflly built Ruby on an SGI under Irix?

My configuration is:

% uname -a
IRIX64 caledonia 6.5 01200532 IP21

I tried building ruby versions: 1.6.1, 1.6.2-preview3 and from the CVS
source.  All run into more or less the same problem.  I tried the config
script that comes with the tar ball and also ran autoconf to get my custom
configure script but am still having problems:

In config.h the following two lines needed to be commented out

/* #define size_t unsigned */
/* #define pid_t int */

I tried compiling with both gcc and SGI's native 'cc'.

Both cases it ends up choking when compiling process.c

-------------------------
cc-1136 cc: ERROR File = process.c, Line = 814
  Too many arguments in function call.

      pgrp = getpgrp(pid);
                     ^
1 error detected in the compilation of "process.c".
make: *** [process.o] Error 2
-------------------------

[before that numerous warnings are also generated as cc does a lot of other
sanity checks too.]

The problematic code seems to be:

static VALUE
proc_getpgrp(argc, argv)
    int argc;
    VALUE *argv;
{
#ifdef HAVE_GETPGRP
    int pgrp;
#ifndef GETPGRP_VOID
    VALUE vpid;
    int pid;

    rb_scan_args(argc, argv, "01", &vpid);
    pid = NIL_P(vpid)?0:NUM2INT(vpid);
    pgrp = getpgrp(pid);
#else

    | --- looks like this part should be compiled
    | --- but GETGRP_VOID seems to be not defined
    | --- and hence the above is being compiled

    rb_scan_args(argc, argv, "0");
    pgrp = getpgrp();
#endif
    if (pgrp < 0) rb_sys_fail(0);
    return INT2FIX(pgrp);
#else
    rb_notimplement();
#endif
}

Any body run into similar problems when installing on an SGI ?

Thanks,
Raja