----- Original Message -----
From: "Andi Scharfstein" <calvin8 / t-online.de>
To: "ruby-talk ML" <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 15, 2003 12:19 PM
Subject: Re: Hungarian Notation

> Hi,
>
> > Also, the reason it is hWnd instead of something more verbose, is you
have
> > to type it over and over and over when writing Windows programs
> > Having said all that, I much prefer The Ruby Way.
>
> I somehow feel the need to justify myself :) There was no conscious
> decision on my part to use this particular notation, I merely copied
> it from
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=de&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&selm=20030509163
416.9255.qmail%40web12306.mail.yahoo.com
> and put it in my script without questioning it. I did not intend to
> express any belief in which notation is better (personally, I do stuff
> like my_variable most of the time).

Ha ha... don't defend yourself, many of us
have used Hungarian when programming on Windows,
at least to the extent of using a prefixed h.
It's easier to follow the examples than to
fight them, and it makes it easier for other
programmers to read your code (if they "think
in Microsoftese").

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

Not that a beautiful city like Rome actually
has anything to do with Microsoft...

Cheers,
Hal