On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 03:29:21 +0900, Brett Williams wrote something resembling:
> "Joao Pedrosa" <joaopedrosa / myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> news:1055601220.9254.8.camel / localhost.localdomain...
> > Hi,
> > >
> > Vim did format it, but not as expected. It doesn't even indent
> > correctly for me. Anyone can confirm that it doesn't work properly ?
> >
> > Thanks Michael,
> > Joao
>
> I use vim for my ruby coding.  I set smartindent on as well--not sure how
> much difference that makes for ruby.  It mostly does the right thing, but...
>
> The problem is that it will end up completely in the weeds after it gets one
> line wrong (since vim indents seem to be very much based on what the
> previous line was).  I've found I can't indent too many lines at once
> without this happening.  So I don't find I can use gg=G without being
> unhappy.
>
> Some things that aren't necessarily 'wrong', but aren't how I like them:
>
> foo = "someverylongstring and some other "+
> "something else"
>
> The "something else" just lines up with the previous line.  I'd like to see
> it indented.  Same goes for any non-complete line.
>
> bar = some_method(afjdksajk, gjfrjeje, fjdkjska,
> dfjkdsjk, ss)

if i get my mind of coding my web pages any time soon i'm going to add
support for this to the ruby indenter.  i'm not the maintainer of it
though.  the code for this already exists in the Makefile indenter,
which i currently maintain.  so stay tuned ;-).

enjoy,
	nikolai

--
::: name: Nikolai Weibull    :: aliases: pcp / lone-star       :::
::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,php,war3  :::