On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 02:20:24AM +0900, Kent R. Spillner wrote:
> Pretend you're using a statically typed language.  Now re-evaluate hn.
>
> Not that I'm defending the notation. =)  But when you're buried
> knee-deep in legacy C-code, would you rather be able to tell at a glance
> that a variable is a pointer to an array of characters, or have to jump
> around through the source and then back?

A better solution would be to avoid global variables, to avoid jumping
around, and create appropriate accessor functions.

I know I'm getting off-topic, but have you looked at the glibs?  I really
like them.  They really take a lot of the pain out of C programming.  And
if you continue to use that kind of coding style in your programs you can
end up with some pretty nice code.

I still like Ruby better though. :)

--
Daniel Carrera         | OpenPGP fingerprint:
Graduate TA, Math Dept | 6643 8C8B 3522 66CB D16C D779 2FDD 7DAC 9AF7 7A88