Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Sure, it produces tiny variable names, but since characters
> are cheap, and human mental strain expensive, I think that one should
> minimize the mapping necessary between the human's brain and the code.

Don't scoff at MS programmers because they're using hn; pity them
because they're not using Ruby.

Pretend you're using a statically typed language.  Now re-evaluate hn.

Not that I'm defending the notation. =)  But when you're buried
knee-deep in legacy C-code, would you rather be able to tell at a glance
that a variable is a pointer to an array of characters, or have to jump
around through the source and then back?

-Kent
--
Kent R. Spillner
                                        - Benjamin Franklin