On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 01:57:50AM +0900, John Johnson wrote:

> Also, the reason it is hWnd instead of something more verbose, is you have
> to type it over and over and over when writing Windows programs

I guess that it might be an indiosyncratic term that a Windows programmer
would "just know".  The rest of the programming world also has those:

   "tmp" is always a temporary variable.
   i,j are always integer indices.

> Having said all that, I much prefer The Ruby Way.

Definitelly.  I still really dislike the Hungarian notation.  I can think
of examples where it would really take away legibility.  Specially with
Ruby.

--
Daniel Carrera         | OpenPGP fingerprint:
Graduate TA, Math Dept | 6643 8C8B 3522 66CB D16C D779 2FDD 7DAC 9AF7 7A88