You all know this already, but ...

http://ootips.org/hungarian-notation.html
"Hungarian Notation - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly"
Hungarian Notation (HN) is a naming convention invented by Charles Simonyi
from Microsoft. (He is Hungarian)

> That's about the only thing I agree with in that document.  My personal
> opinion is that hungarian notation produces the most unreadable code
> imaginable.  Sure, it produces tiny variable names, but since characters
> are cheap, and human mental strain expensive, I think that one should
> minimize the mapping necessary between the human's brain and the code.

I hate HN and never use it, but it has "nothing" to do with variable names
per se.  Whatever name you decide to use for the variable you just append
one letter in front of it denoting the variable type -- you can use
hMyWindowHandle instead of hWnd.

Yura.