On Friday, June 13, 2003, at 07:38 PM, Phil Tomson wrote:

> [snip]

> Well, it's a chicken-and-egg problem.  We need a package manager
> available
> in the standard distro in order for people to start using package
> management and in order to reduce the numer of variables in the
> problems
> space.
>
> Phil

chicken-egg, egg-chicken ... I see your point. Ruby and package
management should probably start making some concrete progress beyond
discussions given that (1) there is an application, (2) directory
structure and package contents have been discussed and (3) there are
several workable approaches to installation (at least as to Ruby
programs and extensions).

Regards,

Mark

P.S. One pet peeve for some developers of excellent programs as to
package documentation. I get irritated when I open README.txt and get a
one line document telling me that the real readme document is somewhere
else. It makes me feel stupid for looking at the directory and deciding
to _read_ the document titled README.

P.P.S. I also don't like documentation that is in html only. I like to
'less' through documentation.