On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 04:20:04 +0900, "Hal E. Fulton"
<hal9000 / hypermetrics.com> wrote:

||| I am weaning myself off Windows, but many
||| other people still use it. And since Ruby
||| works pretty well with Windows, then, in
||| general, the things that go with it should,
||| too. (There will always be exceptions such
||| as things that depend heavily on fork() or
||| whatever.)

I use Windows almost exclusively and Ruby has always worked quite well
there for me.

||| I'd also like to see raa-install with a little
||| less screen clutter (see the earlier thread
||| about dots and carriage returns).

I'd like to see raa-install show me a version number in searches. For
example, after reading the announcement this morning about the latest
REXML, I used raa-install and searched for it. I got two hits:

rexml
rexml-stable

It would have been really handy if there had been a version number so I
would know. I assumed that the 2.7.0 was so new that it wouldn't be in the
RAA yet, but I still wanted to check.

--
Dean saor, dean saor an spiorad. Is seinn d'orain beo.

http://www.joeygibson.com
http://www.joeygibson.com/cgi-bin/blosxom.cgi/life/Wisdom.html