On Friday 13 June 2003 10:23 am, Chris Morris wrote:
> Atlantic Blue wrote:
> >Is there a blogging software created using the Ruby scripting
> >language?  I have seen blogging software made with Perl like
> > Moveable Type ( http://www.moveabletype.org/ )and blogging software
> > made with PHP like pmachine ( http://www.pmachine.com/ ).  I was
> > just curious to know if a blog software has been created using
> > Ruby.
>
> Two I know of - Dave's RubLog[1] and my own Wiki[2] which can be used
> for blogging. Martin Fowler also rolled his own blogger in Ruby[3],
> dunno if it's available. Plus, the good ol' RAA[4] has a few other
> entries.

If want a real simple one to build off of, there is Cherry Bloxsom (I
think it's in the RAA) which is based on Bloxsom
(http://www.raelity.org/apps/blosxom/ -- written in perl).

I started working on a weblog that could track changes to topics and
articles through CVS -- kind of like a mix between CVSWeb and a
weblog... I still haven't totally figured out how I want it to work,
and I've been busy with other projects. One of these days I'll get it
working well enough to post here.

--
Wesley J. Landaker - wjl / icecavern.net
OpenPGP FP: C99E DF40 54F6 B625 FD48  B509 A3DE 8D79 541F F830