"John Johnson" <jj5412 / earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:BB0E7D46.4D97%jj5412 / earthlink.net...
> While all the regexp experts have their ears perked up:
>
> Is there a way to match multiple words in a sentence in any order with one
> regexp? I.e. I have a configuration file that looks like so:

Yes: if you want to match row and column with numeric value

/(row\s+\d+).*(column\s+\d+)|(column\s+\d+).*(row\s+\d+)/

I haven't testet this, but that is the general idea. And it is not a good
way to do it because of backtracking in the regular expression engine, but
might not matter in your case.

It's better to control parsing logic at a higher level: search for row or
column first:
/row|column\s+\d+/, then repeat.

Mikkel