"Richard" <RLMuller / comcast.net> wrote:

[...]

Try giving your script an extension of '.rbw' instead of '.rb'

I use RDE for Ruby, so I'm not a SciTE doctor but I dislike
consoles so I changed the 'SciTE\ruby.properties' so that they
both behave the same way.

'SciTE\SciTEDoc.html' describes these things.

if PLAT_WIN
 font.base=font:Andale Mono,size:11
# command.go.*.rb=cmd /c ruby $(FileNameExt) < con: > con: 2>&1
# command.go.subsystem.*.rb=1
 command.go.*.rb=rubyw $(FileNameExt)
 command.go.subsystem.*.rb=1
 command.go.*.rbw=rubyw $(FileNameExt)
 command.go.subsystem.*.rbw=1
 command.help.*.rb=$(CurrentWord)!D:\ruby\ProgrammingRuby.chm
 command.help.subsystem.*.rb=4
 command.help.*.rbw=$(CurrentWord)!D:\ruby\ProgrammingRuby.chm
 command.help.subsystem.*.rbw=4
if PLAT_GTK
 command.go.*.rb=ruby $(FileNameExt)

Unless you installed over the 1.41 version, you should still
have your old 'ruby.properties' file in a Ruby sub-directory.
If so, compare the two.  It sounds like your previous version
was tuned correctly for your needs.

I don't get a DOS window because I've told it I don't want one.
Your version of Windows isn't relevant here, I think.

HTH,

daz