Hi,

Daz helped me with the following code running under SciTE 1.52 & 1.52
and indicated it worked under Win98SE.  But I still get an MSDOS
Command window that accepts virtually nothing except a click on the
close button (X), or Tools/Stop Executing in SciTE under Win2000ProSP3
.... and WinXP2002SP1, as well.

The line
    $stdout.sync=true
recommended by Daz changes the return code from -1073741510 to 0.

I wonder if anyone has any other ideas, or should I just recognize
that console I/O is broken in SciTE under Win2000/XP and wait for a
later version?  Below is my code.

# Run in a Command window, not under SciTe, but should work under
SciTE 1.5.2

$stdout.sync=true       # Keep buffers flushed
                        # Eliminates Exit code: -1073741510; 0 instead

print "Enter text: "
while gets              # Opens an MSDOS window
	chomp!
	puts 'Got "' + $_ + '"'
	print 'Enter more: '
end