I have developed a little script which creates a simple linux distro
from source. While not complete by any means, it does work and has some
nice features, such as a modern ruby based init system.

[ I called it Rubyx, but subsequent searches found an apparently dormant
project on sourceforge of the same name, so I will it change if necessary ]

Features of Rubyx:
	simplified (modern) directory structure
	new ruby based init script
	Downloads and build all packages from source
	Choose your preferred version of kernel, glibc, binutils, gcc
	Supports NPTL in glibc
	powerful install and uninstall facilities

Before taking it much farther, I wondered if any experienced ruby users
here would be willing to cast an eye over the code with a view to making
any suggestions on style; I would like it to be thoroughly 'Ruby' in
form and function, but am from a long c++ background so might have made
some mistakes...

If acceptible and this list accepts attachments, I could post the
relevant parts of the script for discussion.

Andrew Walrond