Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:00731] Re: Summary of discussion about RD (Re: Docum entation about RD?)"
    on 99/08/21, Clemens Hintze <c.hintze / gmx.net> writes:

|> But, to learn Japanese is not bad idea because there are a lot of Ruby hacker
|> in ruby-list, Japanese Ruby ML.
|
|That would be the main-reason! :-))) BTW: How many Ruby-Hackers resp.
|Ruby-User are there in Japan? And is Ruby used elsewhere in Asia too (I
|mean more than in America or Europe)?

I don't know.  At least I've never received e-mails from Asian
countries other than Japan.  Oh, I've received the patch for regex.c
from Ukraine, where may belong to Asia.

Somebody living in South Africa has the web page mentioning Ruby.

I don't even know how many Ruby users anywhere in the world, including
Japan.  No one made implicit contract with me, even though we have
LICENSE in README file. ;-)

There are about half thousand members in ruby-list, about a handred
members in ruby-dev, the developers' list.
                                                        matz.