On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 12:50:35AM +0900, Jim Freeze wrote:
> What is the 'best' package for getting pages
> from the web. Webfetcher looks like it has
> not been updated for a while and http-access
> is listed as not supporting cookies.

There was one which was announced on ruby-talk around the beginning of this
year, and I used it successfully to download a copy of the pickaxe as HTML
(before I realised it was available for direct download anyway :-)

Ah yes, found it: httpsnapshot-0.3.5.36.tar.gz

I only used it once but it seemed to do the job (if mirroring a website is
what you're after)

I can't find the announcment on the ruby-talk archives, but it is on RAA.

Cheers,

Brian.