Brian Candler wrote:

> If it uses the DBI API, is it possible that it may work with other SQL
> databases?
>
> Otherwise, if it is very specific to Postgres, perhaps it does not need to
> use the DBI layer at all - it could use the native Postgres API?

The current backend (that handles Tuples) uses PostgreSQL's support for
Arrays and table inheritance. If another DBD supports these features, only
minor tweaks (or checks) for SQL conformance should be needed. If I'm not
totally wrong, it should be doable with Oracle.

For RDBMSs like MySQL that don't do table inheritance and array, another
database scheme needs to be tought of and parts of the backend willneed to
be rewritten to adjust to this. (current backend: ~270 lines incl.
comments)

Adding other backends is on my list of TODOs, but unfortunately only after
Transactions and Versioning, these are the I need first :-)