(sorry for my poor English : I'm French)

I created a little program in Ruby as an exercice to learn more about this
fascinating language.
The problem is that I can change the type of one of my variables without any
problem for Ruby.
A few lines from my program :

mots_tries = Array.new
mots_occur = Hash.new

# I fill my Hash with some data and after that I sort it by values :
mots_tries = mots_occur.sort {|a,b| a[1]<=>b[1]}

My program works perfectly, ... even when I declare mots_tries as an Hash :
mots_tries = Hash.new

But I know that the result of an Hash sorting is a nested Array.
For information I work with Ruby 1.6.8-8 and my program has nor Class nor
Def (I used Ruby as a procedural programming language).

Thanks for your answer if someone has ever heard of this problem with Ruby.

- Teknophil -