On Thu, 05 Jun 2003 08:14:09 +0000, George Moschovitis wrote:
> I 've written a fairly big ruby programm that works mostly ok.
> Sometimes the programm seems to enter an infinite loop :( Does anyone
> have a neat idea, how to debug this problem? Perhaps there is a hook
> in the interpreter to count recursive method calls that I can exploit
> or something similar?

In interactive GUI applications I tried similar things. In console
applications I have no problems locating infinit loops.
I think I need more info about your project in order to help.

Which kind of application are you working on ?
* interactive GUI app.
* mod_ruby dynamic-html stuff.
* non-interactive application.

Are your using mutexes, semaphores, processes, threads ?

--
Simon Strandgaard