On Wednesday,  4 June 2003 at  0:32:52 +0900, Jim Freeze wrote:

I thought I would post the results of a study recently done on
the order of Ruby's library search path. I believe it to be
correct, but if anyone sees a problem, please post a correction.

Library Search Path Order

 PATH (Example)                      NAME              HOW DEFINED
 some_path                           none               -r added command line path
 some_path                           RUBYLIB            RUBYLIB Environment variable
 some_path                           RUBY_SEARCH_PATH   --with-sitedir
 PREFIX/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8       RUBY_SITE_LIB2
 PREFIX/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/arch  RUBY_SITE_ARCHLIB
 PREFIX/lib/ruby/site_ruby           RUBY_SITE_LIB
 PREFIX/lib/ruby/1.8                 RUBY_LIB
 PREFIX/lib/ruby/1.8/arch            RUBY_ARCHLIB
 .                                   none               local directory

--
Jim Freeze