On Sunday, June 1, 2003, at 10:02 PM, Jason Watkins wrote:

> Just out of curiousity, how often do you find yourself:
>
> 1.) Write ruby in the interactive interpreter
> 2.) Write ruby in files, occasionally calling the interpreter from a
> shell
>     to test your code

I do both, though I use 1. mostly for small programs (no new classes).

I would really like to see Ruby have something like Dr. Scheme -- an
upper window that saves to a file in which one could write classes and
methods (the model) and a lower window that is interactive (the
controller), with the ability to run the code in the upper window in
order to set the environment for the interactive window.

It's possible that FreeRIDE has or will have this, but I haven't yet
set it up because I use a Mac and have not been able to get Fox and
FXRuby working with my preferred Ruby (1.8p2).

Regards,

Mark