In message "[ruby-talk:00723] Re: Summary of discussion about RD (Re: Docum entation about RD?)"
    on 99/08/21, Toshiro Kuwabara <toshirok / yb3.so-net.ne.jp> writes:

|No, all right. I understand your proposal.
|But, many browser (WWW User Agent) show DL
|like this (case of W3-mode of Emacs):
|
|>|    ItemListElement
|>|
|>|      not-ordered List. Item starts "*".

|Look! baseline of Term-part is more left than baseline of Definition-part
|is.
|So, I suppose that it is not good to define baseline according to Term-part.

Yep, but still, I think, it's OK to choose baseline according to the
headline.  It's handy.  HTML, for example, is to describe the
structure, not appearance.  RD is also a way to describe the
structure, but in more plain-text like fashion.  So, we should use
everything which is not bother document appearance (e.g. indentation)
to denote the structure for RD.

                                                matz.