On Fri, 30 May 2003 00:22:35 +0200 (CEST), gabriele renzi
<surrender_it / yahoo.it> wrote :

> ehy, what's wrong with assembly random lines and see
> what happens? :)

If a million monkeys pounded away on a million keyboards for a million
years, would you end up with a working Ruby program? ;)

> Actually I just found this script in a remote
> directory of my hd, and I don't even knew what it was,
> I just thought that I crashed the interpreter and that
> this should not happen ...
>
> I mean, shouldn't we catch this kind of exception and
> raise themself to the ruby level?

I agree that this would be best. The problem is that in certain places in
the FOX library (which FXRuby is built on top of) there are error checks
which cause the program to immediately exit instead of, e.g., raising a C++
exception or something that I could catch. I have requested that Jeroen (the
author of FOX) consider changing this somehow, so that I could intercept
those errors and, as you suggested, raise a Ruby exception instead of just
shutting down the interpreter.

We will see how that goes ;)

Thanks,

Lyle