gabriele renzi wrote:

> Ok, someone told me that using OSS even means showing bugs you found:
>
> ----
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
> unusual way.
> prova.rb:6: warning: don't put space before argument parentheses
> prova.rb:7: [BUG] Segmentation fault
> ruby 1.8.0 (2003-05-26) [i386-mswin32]
> ---

Running on Linux provides a (slightly) more informative error message:

     FXRbDialogBox::create:
       trying to create window before creating owner window.

The problem is that the main window (the "owner" of the dialog box) has
not been created (realized) at the time that you try to create the
dialog box. If you rearrange your program a little bit so that the main
window has been created first:

     require 'fox'

     include Fox

     application = FXApp.new("Dialog", "FoxTest")
     mw = FXMainWindow.new(application, "Dialog Test", nil, nil,
         DECOR_ALL, 0, 0, 400, 200)
     application.create
     FXDialogBox.new(mw, "Test of Dialog Box",
         DECOR_TITLE|DECOR_BORDER).execute
     application.run

You will at least see the dialog box. Still not a very interesting
program, of course ;)

I think you will have better luck if you start by running the example
programs and trying to understand how they work before just assembling
random programs to see what happens.

Good luck,

Lyle