On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 04:02:07AM +0900, Anders Borch wrote:
> what I would like is an embedded sql database. It seems to me that
> metakit does not have an sql parser. having an sql parser would let me
> make a dbi interface and use an embedded database w/o changing a single
> line of code.

You mean like sqlite? http://www.sqlite.com/

There are ruby bindings which work more or less (get the latest ruby-dbi-all
from CVS)

However, IMO, SQL makes for a dreadful API. I have been writing some code
which I try to run with sqlite (for Unit testing), mysql (for a staging
area) and Oracle (for live production). It's been a complete nightmare. It's
all just so non-standardised when it gets down to the nitty gritty.

If you just want objects which persist, and your database isn't so enormous,
you might like to take a completely different approach (e.g. madeleine)

Regards,

Brian.