ahoward wrote:
> On Thu, 29 May 2003, Bob wrote:
>

>>I have a gentleman in England who I have been talking with who is
>>interested in creating bindings for Metakit to the Ruby language. He
>>has been hesitant because the Metakit list group has been silent for
>>the most part on support. So I thought I would throw it out here.
>>
>>Metakit is a nice embedded small footprint database.
>>
>>Go here to read up on it: http://www.equi4.com/metakit/
>>
>>Respond here in the group.
>>
>>He is on Linux and will be using GCC and I will be using MingW. If you
>>have VC++ and would like to do a native port let me know as well.
>

> i am extremely interested in this.  how many time i have wished one could
> share data from a pstore or yaml with c and c++...  i like sqlite a bit, but
> the ruby binding is incomplete.  this would be a very valuable addition to
> ruby IMHO.  personally, i love writing cgi programs to use embedded databases
> because you can move a program to another host using tar cvfz/xvfz - much
> easier than a dozen sql scripts...
>
> -a

what I would like is an embedded sql database. It seems to me that
metakit does not have an sql parser. having an sql parser would let me
make a dbi interface and use an embedded database w/o changing a single
line of code.

does anyone know of an embedded sql database? preferrebly with a simple
api so I could easily make a ruby interface to it (or even better: one
that already has a ruby interface).

/Anders

--
dc -e 4dd*od3*ddn1-0nn1dnd+nn3dn1+n3*1+ddn1+dn2-n5dn1+dnrn1-p | tr
0123456 yorh@k. | dd conv=lcase