On Thu, 29 May 2003, Bob wrote:

> I have a gentleman in England who I have been talking with who is
> interested in creating bindings for Metakit to the Ruby language. He
> has been hesitant because the Metakit list group has been silent for
> the most part on support. So I thought I would throw it out here.
>
> Metakit is a nice embedded small footprint database.
>
> Go here to read up on it: http://www.equi4.com/metakit/
>
> Respond here in the group.
>
> He is on Linux and will be using GCC and I will be using MingW. If you
> have VC++ and would like to do a native port let me know as well.

i am extremely interested in this.  how many time i have wished one could
share data from a pstore or yaml with c and c++...  i like sqlite a bit, but
the ruby binding is incomplete.  this would be a very valuable addition to
ruby IMHO.  personally, i love writing cgi programs to use embedded databases
because you can move a program to another host using tar cvfz/xvfz - much
easier than a dozen sql scripts...

-a
--